You decided to spend your August holidays in Val Gardena and now are you looking for events and activities to do during your stay?
Or have you not yet chosen where to go and are looking for ideas to decide?
To go in the Dolomites during the week of August is a great idea to relax in the nature and switch off.
Val Gardena offers a rich program of events in mid-August: exhibitions, parties, markets, fun activities and of course many sports.
In these hot weeks there is nothing better than mountain, fresh air and tranquility to forget routine and eliminate stress.
In Val Gardena you’ll find everything you need to have fun and relax, you’ll be spoiled for choice between activities of all kinds and for every need.
How to spend August Holidays in Val Gardena?
What does the beautiful valley offer to enjoy holiday during the Summer?
It depends on your needs and expectations: nature, excursions, outdoor and indoor sports, walks, enchanting views, shopping, wellness centers, traditional restaurants, exhibitions, concerts, events, and many others.
Beyond to events organized exclusively for the Ferragosto day, you’ll have many other activities to experience during your stay.
If you are more active you can enjoy many sports, both practicing those you already know, and trying new ones: Val Gardena is always ready to welcome both beginners and experts.
Just to mention some of the most popular sports to choose from: hiking, hiking, mountain biking, downhill, cycling, climbing, parachuting, horse riding, Nordic walking, swimming, sport fishing, etc …
And what if you prefer relaxation?
Beyond many wellness centers with spa: yoga programs, walks in the woods, meditation, terraces equipped with deckchairs, fishing ponds, green expanses to stretch and have picnics, restaurants, shops and markets, courses of Gardena cuisine and much other.
The options are endless, you just have to decide what is best suited to you and your needs.
What to do in Val Gardena during the Week of August?
Let’s get to the point: what to do in mid-August?
The 3 locations of Val Gardena, Selva Val Gardena, Ortisei and S. Cristina, provide a rich program of events to entertain guests, both adults and children.
Entertainment in the square and craft market in Selva Val Gardena
In the square of Selva Val Gardena, two days dedicated to the 125th anniversary of the volunteer fire brigade with fun for adults and children: shows, concerts, parades, traditional dishes and the craft market.
– Tuesday, August 14 at 21.30 there will be a water show of firefighters with musical entertainment
– Wednesday 15 August appointments start in the morning until the evening
- 10.00 am – 12.00 pm: Concert of the Bulla Music Band
- 10.00 am – 1.00 pm: Children’s kite party
- 12.00 – 13.30: Concert of the Musical Band of S. Pietro
- 2.00 pm – 3.30 pm: Concert by Music Band Auer|Ora
- 4.00 pm: Historical Parade by the fire department
- 4.30 pm – 6.30 pm: Concert of the Selva Music Band
- 6.30pm – 7.30pm: Country Girls & Wishpergirls
- from 8.30 pm onwards: Musical entertainment by VINOROSSO
During the event there will be plenty of food and drinks at will.
On the 15th of August, from 16:00 to 22:00, you’ll find also the market of the Dolomites.
Live the Val Gardena tradition in Ortisei
Also in Ortisei, the ‘Ferragosto’ program includes many entertainments:
- 10:00 am Ortisei pedestrian area: exhibition of the Val Gardena traditional costumes
- 3:00 pm Piazza S. Antonio of Ortisei: Children’s Day, learning how to make DIY with natural materials
- at 21:00 Ortisei village center: Musical entertainment with the mountain horns Ladinia
- 9:30 pm Piazza S. Antonio di Ortisei: Concert of the Assumption “LE MUSE”, a tribute to Ennio Morricone